In this article, we'll cover how to create a discount code (such as SPRING2018) to handout to patrons.
The first thing you need to remember is that a discount code applies to an entire order. If a patron selects 5 $10 tickets ($50) and uses a $15 discount code, their total will come out to $35 and will not be limited to only certain tickets in their cart and cannot be capped.
If you'd like to create free tickets and limit their use, click here to learn how to do this!
How to create a flat dollar discount code:
- In your admin panel, click the Pricing dropdown next to the show you'd like to create a discount code for.
- Then click Discounts.
- Now click the + Add Discount button.
- First, name your discount. You can either enter a discount code or generate a random one.
- Under "Amount", select Flat Amount, and enter the $ amount to be discounted from the total order.
- Edit "Total availability" and "Usage per patron" as necessary.
- Add discount when done!
Want to add a percentage off discount instead? Here's how!